Friday, February 17, 2006

i declare that job hunting is one of the most dissapointing and depressing not to mention HARDEST things i have ever had to do in my life. Proper job hunthing that is - the kind where you start building your intended high flying career from.

If i knew how hard it would be now, I would've studied way harder and not slacked off in Uni. Or maybe i did study but I failed to make the grade and i'm just not cut out for this kind of life.... (you see how down all those rejection or insinuations of rejections gets a person?) I wonder if there is an easier way to do this. Nothing comes easy in life, i'm starting to believe that now. if i get a job i'd be so grateful....

I bought a couple of Job Interviewing books and read them over, at the end of the day when I actually GET into the interview stage, i struggle to remember all that i'm supposed to do and end up being myself, and sometimes i think myself isn't good enough because there is always someone out there better than me. I notice that me, not being a particularly egoistical person by nature (but loves praises-face it, who doesn't?) has to resort to writing cover letters that has every paragraph beginning with "I AM" and every other sentence going "I ALSO" and that i am grasping (GRASPING) at anything i have or had done to try get ahead in the "game".

Is it really a game to get that interview and then act out a performance and hopefully get that job? Everything that I've worked for the last 17 years has led up to this. Getting THAT job. Making Something out of myself, but then i wonder WHY DOESN'T ANYONE WANT ME? I may not be deans list or a honour student, but i did ok, i didn't fail, i made it this far, graduated from uni. And yet, there are so many million or billions of people out there better than me. I have a nice personality, i get along well with people, i can cook - so do a million other people and they can do it better. At this rate, i might end up in the slums of the city before i know it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nonsense. You are an outstanding person and you will find the job you want to do.

of the many job interviews you attend, you're going to face a heckuva lot of rejections.. but lets face it.. we'd rather not be offered lots of jobs that you don't want.. guilt (being offered a job and being choosy enough to not take it) is harder to deal with than the low you feel when somebody who looks better than you in the interview is picked up for the job.

Anyways.. happy job hunting... just don't do a dick cheney and shoot ur partner instead of the duck ;)

gWeN said...

ha ha thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »